Super Special Veggies and Eggs (for that super special someone)
Pull your potatoes out after the 10-15 minutes and add the mushrooms and garlic. Stir it all about and put it back into the oven for 10 minutes. It’s going to look like this going in:
Pull it out after 10 minutes and stir in the spinach:
Then add the cheese and eggs and cook for another 6-8 minutes until the eggs are set.
Final product seasoned to perfection. Dig in and enjoy.
What’s your go-to brunch delight? Let us know in the comments below.
- 1 large Russet potato
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 200g mixed mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 100g baby spinach
- 1 large handful of gruyere, grated
- 4 medium eggs
- Salt, to season
- Large pinch of chilli flakes
- Heat the oven to 200C/400F. Cut the potatoes into chunks and season with oil and salt. Put in a large ovenproof frying pan, and roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters, chop the garlic, then mix with the potatoes. Roast for 10 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the spinach.
- Add gruyere and eggs, season with salt and the chilli flakes. Return to the oven and cook for 6-8 minutes until the eggs are set.
- Serve with love